Effective as from June 20, 2018
Whether or not you are a registered user of the Website, your continued use of the Website signifies your acceptance of these terms and any changes in effect at the time of your use of the Website.
We cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if:
- you accessed the third-party website using links from our Website; or
- you linked to our Website from a third-party website.
Special Notice - if you are under 19 years old
Protecting the privacy of children and minors is very important. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect or solicit personal data of persons under the age of majority. Whatever family-oriented products or services we may market on the Website, are intended to be purchased by adults.
In British Columbia, the age of majority is 19 years old. Anyone who has not reached the age of 19 years old is legally considered a minor. The age of majority may be different in your jurisdiction.
We require registered users of the Website to have reached the age of majority. If we obtain actual knowledge that a registered user is a minor, we will promptly delete information associated with such account. By using the Website, you are representing that you have reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction or, if you don’t know what the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction is, you are representing that you are at least 19 years old.
If you are a minor please do not send us your personal information (for example, your name, address and email address). If you are a minor and you wish to ask a question or use this Website in any way which requires you to submit your personal information please get your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf.
Collection and use of personal information
What is personal information?
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
Personal information may include:
- your name;
- your photograph(s);
- your driver’s license or other ID;
- your biography, including your education background;
- your mailing address;
- your email address;
- your phone number(s);
- your fax number(s);
- your contact preferences;
- your credit card information;
- your SIN or SSN number.
What about personal information of others?
From time to time you may wish to provide to us personal details of your family or friends, for example, so that we can send them details of our products and services, or when you share your or our content with such third parties using the Website, or when you send gift cards and gift certificates, or invite others to join you on the Website. The personal information of such third parties may include:
- their name;
- their mailing address;
- their email address;
- their phone number(s);
- their contact preferences.
When do we collect personal information?
You may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you contact us or otherwise interact with us through or in connection with the Website. Some personal information will only be requested in limited circumstances, such as when you are making a payment for our products or services or when you ask us to determine whether you are eligible for a commercial credit.
Why do we collect personal information and what do we do with it?
We collect and use personal information in order to:
- allow you an opportunity to upload your Products;
- allow you an opportunity to purchase and download Products;
- respond to queries or requests submitted by you;
- anticipate and resolve problems with any Products uploaded to you;
- better tailor and improve the features of products and services;
- offer you content and advertisements that are tailored to be more relevant to you;
- keep you posted on our latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events;
- send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- conduct internal auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and customer communications;
- administer contests, sweepstakes or similar promotions if you choose to participate;
- communicate with third parties whose personal information you provided to us;
- administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us; and
- do anything else for which you give us your consent when you provide your personal information to us or at any time before we make any such use.
Collection and use of non-personal information
What is Non-Personal information?
Non-personal information is data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any person.
Non-personal information includes information such as:
- the type of internet browsers you use or the website from which you linked to our Website;
- postal code;
- area code;
- unique device identifier;
- time zone;
- aggregated data regarding customer profiles and customer activities on the Website.
You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Website.
If we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information as long as it remains combined.
When do we collect non-personal information?
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you when you access the Website.
We may also generate aggregated data by analyzing personal and non-personal information provided to us and collected by us from multiple users.
The Website, online services, interactive applications, email messages and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags. We may also collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your computer and device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches. These technologies allow us to collect certain information by automated means each time you access this Website, or e-mails or other services provided by us on or through this Website.
Cookies are small data files that are downloaded onto your computer when you visit a particular website. We are able to read these cookies for information purposes when you revisit our Website. Cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular website. Pixel tags are a type of technology placed on a website or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity on website, or when emails are opened or accessed, and are often used in combination with cookies.
We use these technologies on the server level or using reputable third party providers to:
- better understand user behaviour and improve our knowledge of the use of the Website;
- see which parts of the Website people have visited;
- know how many people visited the Website and specific pages accessed during each visit;
- monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- ascertain whether the Website is operating at an optimal level and monitor the effectiveness of the Website;
- diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our Users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses;
- facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches;
- control the number of times you see a given ad;
- deliver ads that relate to your interests;
- measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns;
- remember your personal information when you use the Website to make your experience more convenient and personal;
- provide custom, personalized content and information;
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- track User Content and Users to the extent necessary to comply as a Website provider with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act;
- automatically update the Yellow Images application on your system and related devices; and
- enhance our web offerings to you and to provide an enjoyable and an innovative online experience.
You can erase or disable cookies by changing the appropriate settings on your computer, however, some areas or features of this Website may not function properly if you do so.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. In addition to standard server tools, we may use third party providers such as Google Analytics, AWS, or others to collect and analyze such information. This information includes:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses;
- search queries;
- hardware settings;
- browser type and language;
- Internet service provider (ISP);
- referring and exit pages;
- operating system;
- browser and device event information such as crashes and errors;
- date / time stamp; and
- clickstream data.
We use this information to:
- understand and analyze trends;
- administer the Website;
- learn about user behaviour on the Website;
- gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
When you use a location-enabled service, such as a service available through your mobile phone, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by us and our partners and licensees to provide and improve our location-based products and services. If we use the location-based data in combination with your personal data, we will treat it as your personal information.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on the Website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. We may use third party providers to send our email communications using this feature. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
We may also use web beacons and similar technologies in our email communication with you. Pixel tags tell us whether mail has been opened, which allows us to determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. We may use third party providers to send our email communications using these technologies. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in our communications to you. As long as you remain a registered user, you may not opt out of receiving important notices that we may send you from time to time and which relate to communications about your purchases and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
When we use third party providers to collect information by automated means, we take reasonable steps to ensure that privacy policies of such third party providers duly protect your personal information, however, we may not be held responsible and we hereby disclaim any and all liability for any deliberate or negligent unauthorized disclosures that may occur in the result of failure by such third parties to take proper steps to protect the information collected through them.
How do we use aggregated data?
We may use aggregated data for any purposes and at any time in our discretion, including for all purposes listed above and including our right to disclose, sell, rent or license such aggregate data to any third parties, just like any other statistical information.
Will we disclose your information?
We will not sell, rent or license your personal information to third parties and we will not disclose any personally identifiable information that we collect from you to any third parties, except:
- to comply with legal requirements such as a law, regulation, warrant, subpoena or court order;
- to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, spam, malware, security or technical issues; or
- if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights, property or personal safety and those of our users and customers etc.
As part of the products or services offered to you through our Website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside of Canada. By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of Canada or one of our service providers is located in a country outside of Canada. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to Canada. If we transfer your information outside of Canada in this way, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. In addition, if you use our services while you are outside Canada, your information may be transferred outside Canada in order to provide you with those services.
We may from time to time make certain personal information available to our strategic partners that work with us to provide products and services, or that help us market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by us to provide or improve our products, services and advertising. It will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We share personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located anywhere in the world.
It may be necessary – by law, legal process, litigation and / or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence – for us to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for the purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose your personal information if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users.
We may from time to time, in our sole discretion, supply third parties with non-personal information or aggregated data for use in connection with this Website or otherwise.
Information you disclose to the public
We are not responsible for any personal information you may choose to share to the public using the Website or any third-party services available through or in connection with the Website. Any personal data you share with the public, including your personal information that you choose to disclose on your public profile with the Website, can be read, viewed, collected or used by other individuals and entities in ways that we are unable to control or predict, such as to send you unsolicited emails. Such information may be indexable by search engines, and we have no control over future disclose or dissemination of such information.
Please be careful about what personal information you disclose in this way.
Protecting your personal information and keeping our records accurate
All of the pages of the Website use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption where personal information is collected. To make purchases from these services, make sure that your browser (web-client) is enabled to make a secure connection to the Website's server. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it is transmitted over the internet.
We may update the measures we take to protect your personal information as new technology becomes available, as appropriate.
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. We make it easy for you to keep your personal information accurate, complete and up to date. You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete and up to date by logging in to your account.
Through your account, you may also change your preferences on what specialized services you may wish to receive through the Website, such as newsletters, blogs and webinar invitations. Unless you are an Author whose Products are offered through the Website, you may remove yourself and your information or image completely from the Website at any time.
For other personal information we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if we are not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
How you can contact us